At Smile Brighter Willoughby Hills, we work with patients every day to help them with preventative dentistry. The best dentists in the community are those who not only help their patients in a time of need, but also throughout the year with recall appointments, cleanings, and examinations.
Dr. Michael Stern and the team at Smile Brighter Willoughby Hills encourage patients to build a positive, trusting relationship with the doctor and his staff. It is important for patients to take good care of their smiles every day and visit their dentist regularly for preventive care.
Preventative dentistry includes visits that are made to ensure the health of the smile. During this biannual visit, our team will clean the teeth, examine the teeth and gums, and in some cases, do a series of x-rays to check the health of the teeth further. Preventative visits are important because they allow the patient to maintain their dental health, while allowing Dr. Michael Stern to detect any potential problems early enough for conservative treatment.
Preventative dentistry includes some of the following services:
- Cleanings – cleaning the teeth can remove bacteria, plaque, and tartar
- Examinations – this physical examination is when Dr. Michael Stern looks for possible issues within the smile
- X-rays – X-rays allow the dentist to check for infections or cavities
- Fluoride – fluoride treatments may be helpful in reducing the risk of cavities
- Education – education includes teaching patients how to properly brush and floss their teeth
- Oral cancer screenings – early detection of oral cancer is important to intervene and address the problem soon enough for successful recovery
If you live in or around Willoughby Hills and want to learn more about the advantages of preventative care, contact Dr. Michael Stern of Smile Brighter Willoughby Hills today to book a consultation appointment with our team of dental professionals and educate yourself on how preventative dentistry can assist in maintaining a healthy smile for life!