Dental Anxiety Solutions for Patients in Willoughby Hills
Do you get sweaty palms just thinking about calling the dentist to set up your next appointment due to anxiety or fear? You are not alone. There is a significant number of Americans who experience this very same feeling. There is an additional group who choose to not go to the dentist at all due to this crippling fear. Dr. Michael Stern and his team at Smile Brighter Willoughby Hills hate to hear of patients experiencing these feelings. Dr. Stern uses nitrous oxide to combat these feelings so patients can feel relaxed throughout their visit.
Why Nitrous Oxide?
There are several reasons Dr. Stern uses Nitrous Oxide, including that it:
- Is odorless and colorless
- Produces a comforting effect
- Takes immediate effect
- Is easily reversible with oxygen administration
Talk to Your Dentist
Even if there are sedation methods made available by your dentist, if you don’t speak up, then you most likely will not be aware that it is offered for those with dental fear or anxieties. Anybody who has gone through this experience knows that sharing their feeling with their dentist made a world of difference. If you are facing these feelings but have never spoken up, do yourself a favor and do so. It will make a difference with how your dental experience goes. Remember, your dentist and dental team can only address these issues if they know they exist.
Here are some tips on how you can address these issues with your dental team:
- Talk to your dentist. When you book your appointment, make sure and inform the receptionist of your concerns so that the dentist can be aware of your feelings going into the appointment. When you arrive, make sure and remind the team. Share any past negative dental experiences as well.
- Ask questions. Many patients have a fear of asking questions. Your dentist will be more than happy to answer any questions you may have, and it will allow you to have a better understanding of what lies ahead for your visit.
- Come up with a safety signal that, when you signal it, allows your dentist to know that you need a break from the procedure or exam.
If you are interested in learning more about sedation techniques for handling dental fear and anxiety, you should give Dr. Michael Stern and his team at Smile Brighter Willoughby Hills a call today at (440) 210-0999. Dr. Stern welcomes you to come in and ask any questions you may have.