Willoughby Hills area patients who are interested in achieving beautiful, healthy smiles for life are encouraged to visit their dentist regularly a dental checkup and cleaning. Dr. Michael Stern recommends patients see their dentist at least twice a year.
What is the importance of a dental checkup?
Dental checkups are the time for patients to discuss any concerns they have regarding their smiles. The dentist can educate patients on how they can maintain their oral health between appointments. Patients should never feel embarrassed about asking Dr. Michael Stern about the best ways to brush and floss their teeth. The teeth can last a lifetime with proper care, and when patients are more proactive about their oral health, they often spend less on dental work than those who only visit the dentist when things go wrong.
What is involved in a dental checkup?
During a check, the dentist and hygienist:
- Evaluate the smile for periodontal disease and tooth decay
- Perform x-rays to check the health of the bones and teeth
- Provide a thorough cleaning to remove plaque, tartar, and bacteria
- Address any areas of decay with fillings
- Address areas of periodontal disease with proper treatment once diagnosed
- Educate patients on how to care for their smiles between visits
Patients who have not seen a dentist for a long time should not be uneasy about making an appointment. Just getting them through the door and into the dental chair makes our dentist happy! Dr. Michael Stern loves seeing patients come in for proactive care.
Ready for a dental checkup?
Contact our team today. Dr. Michael Stern and the staff of Smile Brighter Willoughby Hills will help you achieve and maintain your oral health and a beautiful smile. Call (440) 210-0999 or visit us at 34500 Chardon Road, Unit 1 in Willoughby Hills.
Back to Home Page