Willoughby Hills patients enjoy lasting beauty, strength of dental implants
Considering treatment with a dental implant in Willoughby Hills? You’ve come to the right place. Dr. Michael Stern partners with the area’s most reputable implant specialists. He also offers an alternative to the titanium implant so more patients benefit from this tooth replacement. Smile brighter with this combination of advanced skill and choice.
The beauty of modern tooth replacement
Whether you need a single implant to replace a tooth or four to six implants to replace a dental arch, this alternative to bridgework and conventional dentures is attractive for many reasons:
- Dental implant treatment mimics the design of natural teeth by replacing the tooth root.
- Once placed in your jawbone by one of Dr. Stern’s surgical partners, the implant fuses to surrounding bone.
- Unlike bridgework supported by neighboring teeth, crowns get their support from the implant rooted in your jawbone.
- Unlike conventional dentures that rely on adhesive or suction for stability, modern dentures can be supported by implants.
- Implant-supported teeth that are built like natural teeth offer the most lifelike appearance and natural feel.
There are many long-term benefits to implant placement. Missing teeth also lack an active root system. Roots maintain the density, strength, and quality of bone tissue. When roots are missing, resulting bone loss progressively changes the shape and appearance of your face. As support from underlying bone is lost, the lower portion of your face may appear to collapse, making your features look sunken and drawn. Problems with chewing and speech become worse.
The beauty of choice
While titanium has been used for decades in medical prosthetics and dental implants, Dr. Stern and his team also offer a non-metal alternative: zirconium. This ceramic may be a good alternative for patients with allergies to metals.
The Smile Brighter team encourages your questions. Don’t hesitate to call 440-210-0999.Back to Dental Implants Home Page