A sad truth is that many Americans neglect their dental health. With dental insurance covering regular exams and cleanings, the cost of dental care is not what is keeping so many away from the dentist. The fact is that there is a large portion of people who suffer from dental fear or anxiety at the mere thought of going in and sitting in the dental chair. It is nothing to laugh at or make fun of either as it is a real fear just like any other. Dr. Michael Stern and the team at Smile Brighter Willoughby Hills understand this and, as a way to put patients at ease, offer dental treatments with nitrous oxide to those in the Willoughby Hills, OH area who face this very real issue.
Do not let dental anxiety or fear prevent you from getting the care you need for your teeth and gums. With nitrous sedation, patients can have their mild to severe dental anxiety whisked away. Nitrous oxide is an incredibly fast-acting sedative. The fact it can take quick effect makes it a great choice for dental treatments.
Also called laughing gas, nitrous oxide is odorless and completely safe. It is mixed with oxygen and carefully controlled as you breathe it in through a mask. Because the gas can reach your brain and bloodstream quickly, you will feel any fears or anxieties melt away almost instantly.
The Effects and Benefits of Nitrous Oxide
Effects of nitrous oxide include:
- A giggly feeling
- A warming sensation throughout your body
- A slight tingle in the arms and legs
- A relaxed calm
- Fast Acting: The nitrous oxide gas enters your bloodstream almost instantly providing a fast-acting calmness and sedation
- Minimal recovery: The effects of nitrous oxide fade away very quickly once you stop breathing it in. You will be able to drive yourself home after your appointment.
- Safe: Nitrous oxide distribution is easily monitored during your procedure, making it very safe to use.
- No Needles: Unlike some other sedation methods, no needles are necessary to administer nitrous oxide.