Dentist in Willoughby Hills, OH offering cutting edge dental technology with Dexis CariVu
Dentistry has a long and storied history and the industry has seen incredible technological progress over the past several years. Dr. Michael Stern and his team at Smile Brighter Willoughby Hills take pride in being on the cutting edge of technological progress. Smile Brighter Willoughby Hills leads the way in offering patients the latest proven dental technology that is available on the market including the Dexis CariVu detection device.
Smile Brighter Willoughby Hills is on the leading edge of cutting-edge technology in their use of the no radiation NIR computer enhanced Dexis CariVu system. This system can detect cavities and cracked teeth with more accuracy and speed than any other system on the market. This compact, portable detection system uses a patented transillumination technology that will detect lesions and cracks in a patient’s teeth. The CariVu system continues Dexis’ long and storied tradition of providing easy to use and intuitive diagnostic tools for dental professionals.
What Makes the Dexis CariVu system unique?
- The use of transillumination technology allows easy lesion detection. When the CariVu device is passed over the teeth, enamel will appear transparent while any porous lesions will trap and absorb the light making them immediately visible.
- The system allows the dentist to see straight through the tooth so that the inner structure is exposed, and any carious lesion development can be detected.
- Images produced by the Dexix CariVu system are easily read and are like x-ray images which your dentist is familiar with seeing.
- The system is safe for pregnant women and children as it produces non-ionizing radiation. Great for anybody who is x-ray averse.
5 reasons dentists choose dexis carivu
As times have changed, so has the technology used by dentists to detect problems within a patient’s teeth. The first step in effective dentistry is detection and Dr. Stern believes that the Dexis CariVu system provides the best dental care detection currently available. Here are 5 reasons why this detection system is being lauded as groundbreaking.
- Improves diagnostic certainty without the use of traditional radiographs.
- Visually, patients can see the difference between healthy tooth material and damaged material which increases a patient’s acceptance of a diagnosis.
- The CariVu system emits a safe, non-ionizing light which is great for anybody who is x-ray averse including children and pregnant women.
- Any image captured by the system flows straight to a patient’s chart making an incredibly easy workflow integration for dentists.
- The cutting-edge technology offered by this system is what sets Dr. Stern and Smile Brighter Willoughby Hills apart from the competition as they are one of the very first to adopt this technology.