Learn about the services provided by our Lake County, OH area cosmetic dentist
At Smile Brighter Willoughby Hills, patients in Lake County, OH or the surrounding areas are encouraged to ask our cosmetic dentist about the services provided to enhance the smile. Cosmetic dentistry is one of the easiest, most affordable ways to address imperfections of the smile, including lost, broken, or stained teeth. Dr. Michael Stern is pleased to provide a wide range of solutions for patients who are unhappy with the appearance of their smile. Cosmetic dental services provided include some of the following options:
- Veneers/Lumineers – veneers are porcelain facings that are custom-fabricated for patients who have imperfections impacting the teeth near the front of the mouth. These teeth, called the “social six,” can be improved in appearance by covering them with veneers. Veneers are very thin and are bonded onto the front of the natural tooth. Lumineers are another type of veneer that does not require preparation of the existing tooth structure prior to placement.
- Orthodontic alternatives – a properly aligned smile not only looks better but functions better too! Instead of meeting with an orthodontist and undergoing traditional braces, we welcome patients to ask about alternative options available in our office, including ClearCorrect, Invisalign, and Ortho-tain.
- Dental implants – missing teeth can impact the smile in many ways, as well as affect the function of the teeth. Dental implants are titanium posts used by the dentist as an anchor for a crown, bridge, or denture to replace one or more teeth. These restorations will last patients a lifetime with proper care.
- Non-surgical gum treatment – our practice is pleased to offer patients non-surgical solutions for the gums when periodontal disease has impacted the smile. This treatment, known as Perio-protect, provides patients another way to address the bacteria that may be present. Other dental practices use surgical treatments or invasive solutions such as scaling and root planing to address periodontal disease, while our practice focuses on comfort as well!
- Dentures – replacing missing teeth in the smile can be achieved with dentures. Dr. Michael Stern offers both partial dentures and full dentures for patient consideration. Dentures are an effective way to restore function to the smile, allowing patients to enjoy all their favorite foods without worrying about their abilities to chew. Dentures are made to look completely natural when in place and can be easily removed and cared for each day.
- Dental crowns – crowns are ceramic restorations that are bonded over a natural tooth to cover the portion exposed outside of the gum line. These restorations may be placed over a dental implant to act as a false tooth or may cover a tooth that has been broken, damaged, or affected by tooth decay.
- Dental bridges – when patients lose teeth, they need to “bridge the gap” left behind. This is often achieved with a dental bridge, which replaces one or more teeth in a row. This restoration uses false teeth and crowns to create a single restoration that is bonded in place.
- Professional teeth whitening – a dramatic way to improve the appearance of the smile is with professional teeth whitening. While over-the-counter whitening products are inexpensive and can be used at home, they don’t always provide the results patients desire. With professional teeth whitening services, patients can significantly improve the color of their teeth and combat unwanted yellowing and darkening of the natural tooth enamel. We offer two methods of whitening in our practice, including the Perpetual White program and the Zoom! whitening solution. Zoom! is an in-office treatment, while the Perpetual White program is a set of take-home products used to brighten the teeth.
- Composite bonding – another option for patients who need to repair or conceal teeth is composite bonding. This resin material is used in many ways in general and cosmetic dentistry. It can be shaped over a tooth, filed, and polished to repair a chipped or broken tooth. It may also be used as a filling material when tooth decay occurs.
Request an appointment today
The team of Smile Brighter Willoughby Hills in the Lake County, OH area invites new and existing patients to schedule a consultation with Dr. Michael Stern to discuss cosmetic solutions available for their smiles. Call (440) 210-0999 today and get started in achieving the smile of your dreams! We are conveniently located in Willoughby Hills at 34500 Chardon Road, Unit #1.